Promoting positive mental health through traditional crafts, ecological work and horticulture.
With a wealth of knowledge in ecology, horticulture and traditional crafts, CLaN will encourage people to find an activity to suit their lifestyle whilst embodying the ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’. Our vision is to enhance people’s knowledge of the natural world by being immersed in it, grow vegetables and plants beneficial to wildlife in communal gardens, work in habitats to encourage native species and re-skill in traditional crafts. Emphasis is on shared learning and gives us all and opportunity to give as well as receive .
We are offering FREE wet felting packs to school-age children/teenagers from low income families. These packs include everything you need to make a couple of pictures made from beautiful British Shetland wool. Instructions are provided and there is also a video to help you along the way. All you need to do is fill in the form to the right on behalf of your child and we will send you a pack.
This project is generously funded by EF Bulmer Trust.
- Felting packs are reserved for those families who are on a low income with school-age children but we will not be asking for any financial information.
- The felting packs will be sent out on a first come first served basis.
- Parents/carers must order on behalf of their child.
- email addresses will only be used to send through an evaluation form and you will not be contacted for any other purposes.
- Addresses will only be used for posting out the packs and will not be used for any other purposes.
- No information will be passed on to any other organisation
- We would like to receive photos of finished artwork from parents/carers not from children themselves.
Celebrating the Golden Valley
Over the past year we have worked with the local community in the Golden Valley, Herefordshire, to celebrate the area they live. These celebrations have been portrayed in felted pieces that we have sewn together into four beautiful panels that will be displayed in the Hub at St Peter’s in Peterchurch.
CLaN are members of New Leaf Sustainable Development and have been supported by the National Lottery and The Herefordshire Community Foundation.